I am throwing this post into the depths of The Internet as a bulleted list due to the lack of time and ability to coherently craft something better. I have drafts upon drafts, people, but the polish is missing so. Here we go! Let the tangents begin!
– Things are weird here at the moment – I am incredibly exhausted and can’t pin down a reason why. So I’m going back to the basics and making sure I am eating three meals a day, sleeping 7-8 hours a night, drinking water and taking my pills. You know, all that tremendously exciting stuff. Try to keep up with this wild lifestyle, ok?
– The house hunt has intensified and we are actually thinking about maybe perhaps someday soon making an offer on something. One thing. One house, I mean, in particular. What? WHat! Calm down, Madeleine, shhhhh. Play it cool.
– Book stuff: A few lovely people have contacted me and asked how to get their book signed, so I thought I would let you know: it can be done! There’s a few different ways to go about doing it, so if you simply must have my horrid man-writing befoul your copy too, contact me at info(at)sweetmadeleine(dot)ca and we can discuss particulars.
Also: Others have contacted me asking about e-book versions and YES, they exist! They will be rolled out in the next week or so, and although I personally can’t let go of holding an actual physical book in front of me,I know tons of people love the e-books and they are a fantastic option for reducing the amount of physical stuff you own. You can also borrow a copy, or ask your local library to carry it!
– I am weaning Olive. I mean, I have weaned Olive. This morning. I am taken aback by how heartbroken I feel right now – especially given that it was my decision. I feel incredibly raw and morose, and I’m not going to lie there have been tears. Mostly from me.
I never in my life thought I would nurse a toddler, and I can’t quite express why it was time to stop, but it was. Nonetheless I still feel quite mopey, weepy and despondent about the whole thing. It’s the end of an era, and one I will really, really miss. Now I just have to restrain myself from reading more articles about how choosing to wean before your child does it naurally inflicts deep psychological wounds impossible to recover from.
Go to hell, Internet. Can’t you just ever say anything nice?
– I am hereby issuing all of you a formal invitation to my new thing, The Haggard Moms Club. To gain admission you must show me the faded black leggings you wear every day, and your mug of cold coffee currently abandoned on the change table. We meet in secret during nap times and eat treats from the naughty cupboard while weeping silently about how all we want in the world is a back massage and a decent haircut that requires zero maintenance but still looks amazing every single day no matter what.
– Who am I kidding, topknots 4 lyfe.
– That’s all. This haggard mom is out.