I’ve been out of that scene for a while, between kidney issues and pregnancy and breastfeeding, but if I WERE to sit down and drink an adult beverage with adult friends, these would be my top five picks:
- A Long Island Iced Tea. Made right, this is the best thing ever.
- A Mojito. Only on slow, lazy summer days on a porch or patio.
- A Caesar. Preferably with a garnish of eleven olives.
- Vodka, water, lime. My go-to bar drink. Simple, effective, and hydrates while getting the job done.
- I lied, I can only think of four.
I wish I could add beer or wine to the list, but I’ve never been able to develop the taste for them, although lord knows I’ve tried.
Great. Now I want a Mojito.