I finished work on Friday, but lest you think I have just been sitting around eating and reading celebrity gossip (I have), I feel it necessary to inform you that yesterday was a day to get. shit. DONE.
This involved a very long list, and coffee. A large coffee.
So! Because I love nothing more than grasping for accolades and acceptance in the warm bosom of the Internets, I present to you my list of Shit That Got Done:
- Library books returned
- Midwife’s books returned
- Baby shower thank you notes mailed/delivered (mostly)
- Sweet potato and bean burritos made and frozen
- Laundry detergent making supplies re-stocked
- Cloth wipe solution made
- Not-A-Nursery art picked up and hung (more pictures soon)
- Hospital pre-registration filled out and faxed
- ADAM LOOK AWAY THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE! SERIOUSLY GO HAVE A BEER YOU DESERVE IT.
- Is he gone?
- This is a lot of words, I’ve probably lost him…here goes…
- Old clothes donated. Donated as in gone. Given away. Including some of Adam’s. HA! YOU’LL NEVER KNOW WHAT WAS IN THIS BAG!
- 3 loads of laundry washed, dried and folded
- Rat friends eradicated (Hopefully. Please god let it be so.Although I didn’t do this personally, I am still taking credit because RATS!)
I am recording this list to make myself feel useful and also to shame my future self whose list of daily accomplishments will most likely read thusly:
- Showered (forgot to rinse out conditioner but it still counts, right?)
- Stayed up until 9pm
- Changed my shirt (but not my pants. I’ll save that for tomorrow.)
She’s probably reading this list thinking, “Madeleine,why the hell weren’t you sleeping? Or peeing alone? Or just reveling in your quiet and feces-free home?”
Tomorrow friends. Tomorrow I have nothing planned but sleeping late, going for a walk with Gus, and sleeping some more. One week!